Electrical Troubleshooting in Red Deer, Alberta
We rely on electricity for most of our daily duties. Whether it is working hard, playing hard, or relaxing hard, electricity plays a pivotal role. We need electricity for our computers, to get that presentation to the boss before midnight or to show off your gaming skills. Electricity powers our household appliances, like dishwashers, dryers, hot water heaters, HVAC systems, and most importantly, our coffee makers. Your home’s electrical system does a lot for you and your family. It ensures your safety, comfort, and basic needs. Without it, life would be very different.
Your electrical system deserves tender love and care from time to time. Often, things break down and stop working. Electrical systems are complicated and have various components working together to provide the final product. It is normal, albeit frustrating, to experience some difficulty. If you are just an average homeowner, it can be tough to notice some of the faults leading to this breakdown. If you are an expert, this is easier to tackle. However, for those who aren’t trained electricians, knowing there is a problem with your electrics is not always straightforward. If there are no blue sparks and flames, some problems can go unnoticed for a long time, despite how dangerous they are.
That is the frightening part. Your home could be a fire hazard, and you may not know it. There could be live wires that are exposed somewhere. For this reason, it is vital to contact a professional electrician to inspect your home. At PASS Electric Inc, we can spot a problem before it becomes a problem. Our skilled electricians are well-trained in electrical troubleshooting. We will get to the bottom of your malfunctioning electrical system.
For more information about our electrical troubleshooting services, contact us at 403.352.2591.
What Exactly Is Electrical Troubleshooting?
Electrical troubleshooting is a way to assess and investigate the performance of a problematic electrical system to determine the cause of the malfunction. Electrical troubleshooting uses a series of assessments to test each of your electrical components to determine where the fault is. Could it be with your electrical panel? Your wires? Maybe it is your outlet?
Electrical troubleshooting will uncover the answers to these pending questions. After we find the source of the problem, we will provide a solution so you can have your electrical system back up and running smoothly as soon as possible.
Electrical troubleshooting will benefit you and your family. You can expect lower electricity bills once we find the problem in your home. You will also experience better performance from your electrical system. Not to mention, the most important benefit, is additional safety for you and your loved ones.
When to Call for Electrical Troubleshooting
Beware of the small and seemingly unimportant problems, for they will catch up with you before you know it. A slight flicker in your lights may escape your notice, but it could mean there is a problem with your wiring, which is rather serious. Keep your eyes peeled for the following signs, and call a dependable electrician if you notice any of them.
Breakers Tripping Frequently
Your circuit breakers will flip when too much power is used at one time. Your electrical panel can only distribute so much electricity at a time. If you are overloading your outlets and demanding more than your electrical panel can supply, it will trip your circuit breaker. Plugging too many devices into a single outlet is an example of overloading. Unplug some devices and plug them back in at another time when the outlet is not as full.
You can install more outlets, but you will first need to have your electrical panel assessed to determine if it can handle additional outlets. If your breaker trips even though you aren’t overloading an outlet, this is something more serious and requires a professional electrician.
Voltage spikes or power surges can be caused by lighting or the power grid, factors that are out of your control. However, there could be a problem with your electrical system if you are the only one in the area experiencing these frequent power surges. We understand that a power surge can damage your devices over time or even immediately. It can be frustrating to lose a valuable appliance due to a power surge.
You can prevent this detrimental damage by installing whole home surge protection. These devices will keep your appliances safe from dread power surges.
Changing Lightbulbs Too Often
Yes, it is normal to change your lightbulb from time to time. We are all used to a lightbulb burning out after a few months, but when this becomes a reoccurring problem, it is not normal anymore. While it could be something as trivial as not using the right lightbulb or something more serious like damaged or old wiring. It is also possible that your home’s voltage is too high for your lights. There could be a loose connection between the light fixture and the wiring.
There is a world of possible causes, but only an expert electrician will be able to get to the bottom of it. Our Red Deer electricians won’t let you down with this!
Getting Shocked by Metal Surfaces
You don’t need to be Sherlock Holmes to know that getting shocked by metal surfaces in your home means that something is not right. We will put the magnifying glass away for now. This is probably happening because your home is not grounded. If your home is old and still uses outdated wiring, it would explain why your home is not grounded.
Naturally, this is a serious issue that requires immediate professional assistance. Your home is not safe to use if it is not grounded. Call an electrician as soon as you can to fix this. Your family’s safety is at risk.
If the plate around your outlet is warm to the touch, it could mean that the outlet is overloaded and overworked. This happens when not enough voltage is supplied to an outlet with high demand. The first step would be to unplug some devices and appliances to ease the pressure of the outlet. If this doesn’t help, your outlet or wiring is in a bad condition and could potentially cause a fire.
However, if your outlet was in fact overloaded, you can talk to your electrician about installing additional outlets around your home. This would also reduce the untidy clutter of an overloaded outlet.
Burning Smell Near Outlets
Have you ever wondered why you smell burning plastic around electrical systems and appliances? Well, it is simple. Your wires are insulated with plastic, and when you smell burning plastic, it usually means that your insulation is burning. This can leave your wires exposed and lead to a fire.
Your first line of defense is to trip your circuit breaker and call for an electrician. Do not continue to use your electricity until an electrician says it is safe to do so.
There are few things as frightening as seeing blue sparks and hearing popping noises when you plug something into one of your outlets. You can get quite a nasty scare, and for a good reason. This is not a good sign and could be dangerous for you and your family. Blue sparks appearing at your outlets are a sign of frayed wires, and this can also cause a fire or shock someone.
Don’t leave it all up to chance. Call for professional assistance today to take care of these scary electrical problems.
Be Smart – Hire an Expert
If those signs weren’t enough to scare you and you still feel up to the task of doing some DIY electrical services, we strongly suggest you don’t. There is a chance of electrocuting or causing a fire when you don’t fully understand an electrical system. It takes years of dedicated training for a licensed electrician to be fully prepared to work with electricity. They have their job cut out for them, but they are more than happy to assist you. It is important that our neighbors practice safety when it comes to their home’s electrical system.
So, before you pull your outlets out of your wall, get on the phone with one of our friendly electricians. PASS Electric Inc takes electrical compliance and safety very seriously. Your home is in trusted hands.
Get the Best Electrical Troubleshooting in Red Deer, AB, Canada
It may not always be easy to find a reliable and trustworthy electrical contractor near you. You may be worried about leaving your family’s safety to a stranger. We understand your concerns. You are not alone; many homeowners feel that way.
PASS Electric Inc is here to put your mind at ease. We have over 200 reviews that you can look through to build your confidence in our services. Our electricians are friendly, and they know what they are doing. They are respectful of your home and won’t waste your valuable time and money.
For more information on our unbeatable troubleshooting services, contact us at 403.352.2591 or arrange an appointment online.