Electrical Service Upgrade in Red Deer, AB
If you suspect that you need an electrical service upgrade in Red Deer, AB, you are in the right place. Your electrical system is responsible for distributing electricity throughout your home to power outlets, lighting fixtures, switches, appliances, devices, machinery, and much more. If your electrical system is not suitable for the demand of your home, it could become faulty. Additionally, a faulty electrical system can be a safety hazard for your home and your family. Often, you may only notice an electrical fault after it is too late.
PASS Electric Inc. specializes in electrical upgrades of all types of systems. Whether you need a panel upgrade, electrical outlet upgrade, electrical switch upgrade, or a whole new electrical system, we are the right team for the job.
Give your home electrical system a boost. Call PASS Electric Inc. for all your electrical service upgrades at 403.352.2591 today.
What Is an Electrical Upgrade?
An electrical upgrade adds value to your existing electrical system by improving its effectiveness and efficiency. This may be necessary if the components in your electrical system are old and need an electrical update. You may need to upgrade your electrical system for many reasons, such as remodeling, renovating, or keeping up to date with local codes and safety regulations.
Upgrading your electrical system can include upgrading one or more components to improve the performance and safety of your electrical system. Updating your electrical system may include upgrading your main electrical panel, which distributes electricity to outlets, switches, and lighting in your home. Other types of upgrades can include electrical outlets and light fixtures. This may be necessary if your outlets are causing frequent breaker trips and your lights are flickering.
Electrical Panel Upgrade
If you need to upgrade outlets, lighting, and appliances or devices in your home because they require more power, the first step will be to upgrade your electrical panel. Your electrical panel is an essential component of your electrical system. If your electrical panel is older than 20 years, it may not be able to keep up with additional strain because older panels were not built to supply a modern-day home. While electrical panels can easily last up to 60 years, it doesn’t mean they can keep up with the modern demand for electricity.
Another thing to consider when upgrading your electrical panel is that you may have to upgrade your service mast and electrical meter. This might be daunting to even think about. Leave it up to us. We will take care of all your electrical upgrades for you, so you don’t have to worry about the finer details.
How Do I Know When to Upgrade?
While your electrical system will work hard for 20 years or even more, eventually, it will need an upgrade. There are some signs to look out for in your home. Some signs are subtle and require a bit more observation. However, a few obvious signs indicate you need to upgrade your electrical system. If you experience any of the following, give us a call immediately to avoid more damage to your home:
- You have burn marks around your electrical outlets and main panel.
- The lights in your home are flickering or dimmer than usual.
- You experience frequent power surges. This can cause damage to appliances, devices, and expensive machinery in your home.
- Your circuit breakers are tripping frequently and causing an inconvenience. It is also a clear indication that something is wrong with your electrical system that needs immediate attention.
- Buzzing or humming sounds are coming from your electrical panel.
- There’s a smell of burning plastic around your electrical panel or outlets. This is a fire hazard.
- Sparks come from your electrical outlet and switch when turned on.
- You are experiencing an increase in your electricity bills each month without a viable reason.
- You still have a fuse box, which means you are due for an electrical upgrade.
Why Should I Upgrade My Electrical Service?
Here are a few reasons to upgrade your electrical service:
- Less frequent breaker trips
- The freedom to install more appliances in your home
- Adds value to your property
- Increases the safety of your electrical system and home
Reliable Electrical Service Upgrades in Red Deer, AB
If your home is older than 20 years, your electrical system is likely due for an upgrade. An upgrade can improve the performance of your electrical system and reduce fire and electrocution hazards. At PASS Electric Inc., our team of qualified electricians can upgrade your system to make your home safer and more functional.